Resolutions. It’s that time of year again. Time to make changes and be different.
– Declutter. Eeh. Just did ok. Not great. But my mindset had changed a bit.
– Less quantity, more quality food. The last few months we finally caught on. I did freezer meals, Mason jar salads, and green smoothie bags. It has made a huge difference in preparing healthy food and our budget too! (Later post I promise)
– Mint updated. Again Eeh
– HOMEFRONT. Our church Sunday School take home for the kidlets. Proud we did well. Breakfast time.
– Friday family night. Intentional time for our little fam bam.
– Weekly meal plan. Done.
– Bible study for the entire year. Check. Beyond blessed by my girls. You know who you are.
This year our resolutions developed into a theme about things we want to be. Things we would like to be the make up of our character.
The main focus for the year is
1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
We want to try to be a blessing to those around us and try to set an example and develop that characteristic in our kiddos. Zoie was our inspiration, she constantly wants to make someone a card, bake cookies for our neighbors, or tell someone they are beautiful. It’s effortless for her and therefore she is beautiful. This year I want to be more like my 4 year old.
The others are
Psalm 19:7 NIV
The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
I’m so done with stuff. We want to simplify our home, our food (eat clean), our busyness.
Hebrews 6:12 NIV
We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
This is twofold. Of course this means consistently working out and more active times with the kids. But the most important for me is being active for the Gospel. It’s easy to think and theorize…. I want to put feet to faith.
Philippians 4:9 NIV
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
If we aren’t learning, WHY?!? This is to challenge us to DAILY study, accountability, discipleship, and Bible study.
Can’t wait for the New year. Have fun tonight!