This house… It is the greatest blessing, but MAN its going to be a lot of work.
We have already:
– Replaced ALL flooring
– Scraped ALL ceilings
– Painted ALL walls
– New baseboards
– New Garage Door
– New Windows
– Installed Air Conditioning
I swear before and after pictures are coming, but trying to get a good photo in the right light without a 3 yr old blur or 1 yr old streaker photo bombing my pictures is HARD!! I don’t know how you pros get it done.
In the meantime, I actually finished the downstairs half bathroom.
Here is the glorious before:
I wish we had more angles for this photo but it was BAD. The wallpaper was 3 layers thick. That lantern had about 16 inches of dust CLINGING to it… it was BAD.
Here is the after:
to make this progress we:
- Stripped wallpaper
- Removed builders grade mirror
- Replaced lighting
- Added new bead-board wallpaper
- Added chair rail
- Painted walls
- Painted cabinet
- Added new hardware to cabinet
- Installed new mirror
- Installed (AND decorated) shelf
We still want to:
- Replace counter-top (we plan to do this step when we replace kitchen counter-tops and other bathroom tops as well… We figure one fowl swoop… one big paycheck)
- Replace toilet (it works OK, we would like a more water efficient one but honestly its not very fun to go drop money on buying a toilet… this will have to wait)
– Replace faucet
One more time with a side by side before/after because they are my favorite!
I will have an update next week about our family room… I did some fun things with the bookshelves!!